- Exempt perchlorate, a known neurotoxin found at unsafe levels in the drinking water of millions of Americans, from federal regulation.Eller er det tilstrækkeligt, at Fogh blot erklærer en ny linie? Symbolikken alene er jo sikkert rigeligt med profilering.
- Open up some 2 million acres of land in Rocky Mountain states for the development of oil shale, one of the dirtiest fuels on the planet.
- A provision that would free industrial-scale pig and cattle farms from complying with the Clean Water Act so long as they declare they are not dumping animal waste in lakes and rivers.
- Exempt mountain-top mining operations from the Clean Water Act, allowing them to dump debris in rivers and lakes.
- Not require coal-fired power plants to install pollution controls or clean up soot and smog pollution.
- Allow the interior department to approve development such as mining or logging without consulting wildlife managers about their impact.
- Ease restrictions so power plants can operate near national parks and wilderness areas.
- Finalize rules allowing shipping firms to ask their truckers to drive as many as 11 consecutive hours.
- Exempt dozens of polluters from the monitoring of lead emissions into the environment.
Denne regering bliver mere og mere patetisk. Spindoktorer, Irakløgne, realitetsbenægtelse, ytringsfrihedsknægtelse. Gider de overhovedet længere, eller har de bare tænkt sig at klæbe til taburetterne i tre lange år?